Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thoughts: An Unheard Confession

To: Him
From: Me

Hello.

This is the final stretch. 

It has been pretty interesting, especially when you came along. 

I just wanted to thank you for making this an interesting and memorable year. It has really been an eventful ride. You're a fun person to be with, and I can't help but be drawn to you. Despite your cold countenance, there was some warmth in you that I found appealing, and which I often found misleading. 

Anyhow... I've meant to do it by letter ever since. But the timing was not right then so I tore the letter up. Since I am not the type of person who can bring herself to confront, I chose to write.

Cowardly, you might say. But these words jotted down in ink hold the same amount of sincerity and affection if I did otherwise. The weight is just as heavy, the risk just as slim.  I hope that you don't laugh or find it funny. I hope you take what is to be written here seriously. I do not ask for anything more than that. 

I like you.

I like you very much.

No matter how much of a jerk, lazy, stubborn or ridiculously proud you can be... I like you. I don't know why my heart clings on. I have never felt anything just as intense. How could I possibly like someone like you?

I guess it's because you possess something I find admirable. Something I find attractive. A physical feature, perhaps. A character of yours, maybe. Your voice, could be. Laugh? Smile? Possibly in a certain degree. 

I can't put my finger on what it is. But I know what I feel is true. I like you. And I don't know when I would come to stop having these feelings for you. 

But all I just wish for you is to find happiness. I have yet to find what makes me happy. We're both on the search for it. And we would know if we have found it. We have yet to. And I hope you find what it is soon.

You may not love me back the same way I do. And I see nothing wrong with it. I am not expecting anything at all. All I ask of you is to hear me.

Forgive me for my selfishness. It's only for now. After which, you can do away with the letter. I cannot keep lying to myself that I don't adore you. I couldn't hide it any longer.

I have to tell you.

I have to let you know.

I need to let it go.

No comments: