Sunday, November 25, 2012

La Corda D' Oro

Ever since Athena introduced me to this new manga, I can't seem to get enough of it.

The manga is about a girl named Kahoko and she was forced by a fairy named Lili to participate in the school's concours, a contest where the finest musicians of the school compete. 

Before we go any further, I would first like to talk about the school. The school is divided into two: general and music. The general students are those who do not have music as part of their curriculum. Basically, they're just regular students. The music students , obviously, have music. They center their lives on music. 

Kahoko is a gen-ed student who doesn't have any background on any instrument. Lili, the fairy protecting the school, gives her a magic violin that reflects the player's feelings when played with. Regardless of lack of experience, if she puts all her heart into her playing, a sweet melody is produced.

This manga has inspired me to play the violin again. I'm getting rusty since its been so long since I've played. I have been searching for musical pieces: Chopin, Pachelbel, Beethoven, and Mozart. I like Pachelbel's Canon in D (if you are familiar with it you can tell why). And Beethoven's Fur Elise!

Playing these pieces will be tricky. I want to buy a new violin... If I can only get my hands on one, I'll play like there's no tomorrow!

No comments: