Saturday, November 03, 2012

Thoughts: A Trickle

My tita told me about this poem writing contest and I was thinking about joining. I stopped writing poems when I was little (I don't know where my childhood creations are) and haven't gotten myself to do any more. With a stash of unfinished story drafts, ideas that run dry on pages, and plots that had an end but no beginning or the other way around... I now give the old poet in me a nudge.


Trickle
Just a glimpse.
Subtle.
Like a solitary
refreshing,
drop of morning dew
on the cold
lifeless earth.
I stir.
A beat.
Faint.
Stronger.
Bolder.
I stop.
A trickle.
That was all it took.
Fleeting.
Subtle.
Just a glimpse
from you
I have gone asunder.

Feel free to tell me what you think! Thanks! 
It's love poems for now since it's an emotion I can easily mold (inspired perhaps?).

No comments: