Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quotes

"Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do."
I have been collecting quotes since I was in high school. I have oodles in my old laptop and in three of my planners. I don't know. There's just something about coming across a statement and having it make sense to you. There are so many things in this world that don't make sense and here you are, looking at several words strung together so perfectly that you just had to note them down onto anything you have at hand, fearing that you would forget or lose sight of it for accidentally pushing the exit button.

The quote above, I forgot where I got it. But I guess it was from a friend who also collects quotes as well. I took note of it because I am aware that there are times I can't seem to accept not being able to do most of the things other people can. I guess you can say it's envy, but I don't think I am capable of such.

I always wonder why there are people who are more capable in some matters than I am. How come they can do it but I can't? Do I lack a certain trait or characteristic?

When it comes to matters of love, is there something about me that you don't find appealing? Is it because I am just... me... that you choose to be with someone else?

What is it that I lack? 

Or do I really miss something?

Perhaps I don't.

Perhaps I compare myself too much with other people, that's why I always say there's an inconsistency. Maybe there isn't any to begin with.

Why do I even care that I'm not like them? Why compare me with them in the first place?

Well... there are actually times when I think I could have done more in a task. And I guess those are the only times I can say my performance was unacceptable. However, sulking over it won't do me any good. Being able to push oneself out of the ditch is what's important. 

So there. Haha. I guess this where I end for now. :) Toodles!




No comments: