Sunday, November 25, 2012

Quotes

"Showing a little bit of kindness to people recognizes that everyone around you is just like yourself."
- Catherine Ryan Hyde (Reader's Digest, March 2009)

True.

Well, if you see yourself as someone who far superior than others, most likely you would not treat others the same way you would do to yourself. You would treat them like dirt beneath your feet, or don't even bother giving them some of your time seeing as yours more important than theirs. 

For me, small acts of kindness show that you acknowledge the person. "Hey, you're there. I can see that you're suffering, so here's a cupcake." There's sympathy. In some cases, empathy. "I feel your pain as if it were mine." In philosophical terms, that person is not an object but a subject. He/she is capable of feeling, just like you. And knowing that they are able to do so draws you to act for you can also see yourself in the situation you're in. "What if I was he? What would I want another person to do?"

---

Since this is my blog... I'll use it as my diary of sorts. Haha.

Me and a close friend of mine were talking last night about my personality. The conversation went there because of a guy whom I can't figure out. And I can't help but wonder what is it about me that seems to keep him sticking around. I mean, there are other people he can be with aside from me, why does he have to always be around me?

My friend told me that I have this 'super friendly' aura that draw people in. I have no limits when it comes to friendship. I am not selective. 'Friend' thinks that weirdo guy is drawn to that aura of mine. 

"Perhaps that's why he's different around you."

I think being too kind has its drawbacks. People expect you to be kind every time. And you can't help but comply. 

No comments: