Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Own Hot Summer (it is hot, isn't it?)

After days of sitting on the couch, playing with my dad's cellphone and then staring at the computer for hours, I finally experienced summer fun for the last two days! Thanks to Athena who inpsired me in writing this... I was really not in the mood...

Monday came, Blue Monday... no wonder they came up with that name! Anyway, my friends and I met at our beloved Xavier University High School's main entrance. Blabbing about last week's Chemistry lessons and talking about Mitch's trip to Camiguin (no pasalubong for me...). When the bell rang telling us to stop talking and make our way to the fifth floor (the building does have five floors right?) for the Chemistry Lab. We met up with other students and went inside enjoying the breeze coming from the windows. The lesson came and went as usual. It was fun! Especially with a group of friends who would help you in solving the problems. Our teacher told us that tomorrow was Labor Day, which means we won't meet tomorrow. Everyone cheered and got so excited that they finished their work pretty quick!
When I got home, my tita told me to pack a few things. I asked her why and she told me that we were going to Camiguin and come back the next day. I was dumbstruck! Camiguin? This was a dream come true! I've always wanted to go back to Camiguin since the time we left two years ago. The place was clean and green and there are a lot of places to go to. One week would not be sufficient in exploring every one of these. I quickly did what she told me.

Tuesday, four in morning I woke up and took my breakfast. At 4:15, I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. At 4:30, I comb my hair and wait for the others to get ready. My dad was all hustle and bustle and walked briskly to a certain point of the house and then back outside in the garage. It was making me dizzy! Lack of sleep can really make you dumb... We left at five (we were already late since the designated time was four) and was on our way when papa stopped the car. "THE CAMERA!" I had to laugh, we all had to laugh! Of all the things to be forgotten, it had to be papa's brand new camera. He's always wanted one of those and it was time to finally test it (he has been practicing for ages inside the house photographing the clothes). We were still laughing when we got to the gate (the guard was already surprised seeing us off that early. How much more if we were back that quick?), papa found the thing he was looking for that he forgot to turn off the lights upstairs (mama scolded him for it). We went back out again and surprised the guard (he must have thought we were morons) again and have finally reached their meeting place.
We got to the meeting place and waited. I got to meet my tito (I haven't seen him for four years) and his wife and daughter. We waited until six (darn! That spare one hour!) and drove to Balingoan. We got in the barge, and after a few negotiations and papa's endless parking, we were on our way to Camiguin!

I would have shown you some pictures if it weren't for this stupid template!
We got there (along the way I didn't see any dolphins) and made our way to the hotel, dumped our bags in the room and went for a swim at Katibawasan Falls. The water was sooooo cold! My brother's teeth were chattering, he can't even say things straight! I had to laugh at the picture! He was hanging on papa's back and his teeth were chattering every time he talked! He was so cute!
Next, we had lunch at Coron Coron (lechon manok and barbecue!) and then made our way to Sto. Nino Cold Springs. It was cold! But nothing compared to the falls. Perhaps it was because our bodies got accustomed to the cold water at the falls. We had to use salbabidas to be able to swim (the pool was six to seven feet deep). Since were not able to swim, we had to hang on to them like our lives depended on it!
After that, we went back to the hotel. Along the way we passed the Sunken Cemetery and took a few pictures. Once we got to the hotel, they planned tonight's dinner and drove to Ardent Hot Springs. Before that, we went to the Old Church (if you studied Camiguin's history, you'd know what I'm talking about. Or, you have a Camiguin brochure...) and took a few pictures. While there, there were some mishaps that, I'm afraid, I can't share with you.
We got to the hot springs and had a sauna (watching other people take a bath in it. My other tito was hit on the head by with a kabo by a woman who was taking a bath in it.) The others reluctantly left for the hotel. We took a bath and ate dinner (at 10 pm). The grown-ups were left behind to drink the remaining 'berverages'.
Wednesday, woke up at six in the morning. washed my face, brushed my teeth, got dressed and combed my hair. We were finally going to White Island! A strip of a white sandy beach that would disappear in the late afternoon due to high tide. We went, right after me and my tita snuck a bag filled to the brim with softdrinks from the car (because we're not allowed to bring drinks inside the hotel just like last night). On the boat, we got to enjoy the morning sea breeze. It was refreshing on such an early morning! The water spraying on your face, the breeze making the feeling cooler and the excitement that you feel that the boat you're presently riding on would abruptly stop in the middle of the sea.
We landed, took a few pictures and got ready to swim. Applying sunblock to our bodies and faces we dove right into the water! We shivered a bit and relaxed, the comforting feeling of the sand between your toes driving you farther until you find yourself floating right into a life and death situation! AAAHHH!!!
We got out at nine (way too early) because we still had a barge to catch. On the pier, we bought a box of pastel (really tasty and sweet) and got to watch a movie out of a pirated DVD on the barge (yeah!). We were all tired out of the trip, but enjoyed it nonetheless!

Thursday, I got back and can't wait for today's lesson (believe me...). I met with other friends and the first thing they said was, "Pasalubong!". We went up, met with other students who were also waiting for the Chemistry Lab to open. The first bell had rung and there still was no sign of our teacher. We sat on the stairway waiting for her when the bell rung for the second time. We were beginning to worry that we decided to ask the Science Summer Directress. We waited a bit and the lab was finally opened.

Another day, another lesson, another fun-filled adventure!

See you! Same time, same place, here at aRiElLe'S bLoG!!! Bye!

3 comments:

chin-chin said...

whoa! great summer bai! good for you.. you're still having fun. ako? i am just here doing the same routing everyday eversince i came back from australia. boring life!

uy! thanks sa special mention ha? lol (feeling artista na daun) hehehe.. so, what anime are you reading/watching recently?

Unknown said...

NARUTO!!! hahaha! At least ikaw naka-adto Australia. Kita? Naa ra Pilipinas! Hahaha. But still, there are a lot of places to go to.

Artista?! Autograph beh! Hahaha.

Christie Lucagbo said...

aaaaahhhhh!!! gad i miss camiguin...

i wanna pack things up and goooo! mwahahaha!