Saturday, June 16, 2007

Third Year! Third Year! We are the Juniors!

Wow! The second week of June has just gone by and I still can't believe that I'm now in third year... It feels like it was only yesterday that I first entered Xavier University High School (and it feels like a year has passed since my last post), unfamiliar with the rooms and the floors comprising the large architecture.



This is a flashback that happened two years ago...



"Hey guys!" twelve year old Arielle greeted to all her high school friends. Some familiar faces were missing. "Have you seen any of them?" they shook their heads.



"All right everyone, please form your lines according to your section." A woman in a teacher's uniform ordered. We did so and followed her.



She led us to what appears to be the school's covered court. We entered and applauses were heard, music was played, it was like a welcome ceremony for us newbies. A very warm welcome. I began to like the school after that, the students were friendly and so were the teachers. The first person who ever made me comfortable was Fr. Esguerra himself. He was all smiles that day! You can't help but smile too. He gave a speech and then the emcee introduced to us the faculty and staff of the school.



'I can't wait for lessons to start,' I thought excitedly. We were asked to exit and return to the covered courts after the break by a very scary lady (I was new...).



Then, I get to meet Kuya Ernie. "Good morning everyone!" he greeted.



"Good morning," we greeted, albeit less energetically.



"My name is Ernesto B. Neri. You can call me Kuya Tonton," he said. All smiles. 'Students love to smile in this school...' I concluded.



My school year was exciting. My teachers were so nice, Ma'am May was perfect! Ate Mel and Kuya Ed... I miss you two so much! Kuya Ernie... you crack me up, especially when Collin's around! Hahaha!



What I didn't expect during my high school life is the endless dispute of the honor's section and semi's. There's this endless talks about how cruel--- yada-yada! But I didn't listen, I have a lot of friends in the honor's section thanks to Mitch.



Third year... time flies so fast as what Kuya Ernie commented in my Cbox. One day you're a newbie, the next day... Father Pen hands you your high school diploma. I can't take it!



After the orientation last Tuesday, we were told by the teachers that this year is going to be a crucial year (another word for cruel...). We have additional subjects... but... Hakuna Matata! Timon and Pumba, even though their cartoon characters in the Lion King, are right (for a wild boar and a meerkat)! I should be optimistic!



Goal set for this year: DON'T EVER GIVE UP! Studying Chemistry and Geometry... don't give up!



Thanks for everything everyone!

No comments: