Sunday, November 05, 2006

One Bloody day to go!

6 years ago...

---

My tita's back! We were so happy! Yesterday we did nothing all day. We went out starting from eight o' clock in the morning. My dad asked me where I wanted to go and I told him, "Anywhere besides SM." I confess! SM is really boring. Seeing the same sites and have already seen everything it has to offer is pretty uninteresting. So we went to Limketkai. 

My mom didn't like it a bit because it's a bit 'unorganized'. It would be impossible to find the store you desired with all the paths you have to through to get there! We only lasted there for about an hour and half looking for the right curtains to place in the living room (judging from the massive amount of curtains bought and unused by my parents, I asked, "why bother?"). My feet ached after that, standing all day is not my thing. My brothers had no problem with it. But then I got really bored, I asked my dad to buy a bar of Cadbury chocolate. He agreed (since we'd all share it), and we happily ate all the way to the entrance. 

We then went to SM and we bought a book by Danielle Steel entitled "The Wedding". Being the bloody bookworm that I am, I can't help reading it while walking. My mom scolded me for it and told me a story of a girl who was kidnapped because she was reading alone in a secluded area. "But I'm not along. You and Gavin are here and some other people. And two security guards are behind me. I'm not really that alone," I said jokingly. As we got home the cycle of chores happened again and then I got back to my book from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. I was already halfway there.

Last night was a miracle for me. I never seem to sleep that early for the whole year. I usually sleep at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. But last night was a real surprise. I woke up at 7 a.m. today after having a really strange dream. We were all at war and the students were wearing uniforms. We were gathered on the field of XUGS (really weird, huh? Maybe it's because of the book...) and I was shooting away with a large lava cannon! Monsters or aliens were falling from the sky crushing everyone I know. Fortunately they can defend themselves as well since they have high quality machine guns. Wow! What a dream! After that, I slept back waking up at 9 a.m. I lazed around for a bit staring straight at the ceiling and got out of bed And did my chores for the morning, like making the bed in both rooms and cleaning the table since washing the morning dishes was not mine (for I can't seem to wake up early enough). 

I was really shocked how fast the week passed by and I never enjoyed any bit of, like going some place else, feeling a sense of adventure for a bit. But then I noticed that the break was not meant for only myself, it was meant for the whole family. 

Being at school eight to nine hours straight and coming home too tired to even play some video games or watch a movie with you family for one year and only spending a couple of days with them (one if you're occupied with a special project) is not really the best way to spend your life. Growing up, you don't get to spend as much time with your family, being pretty busy and all that.

So now, I have to gather all my school stuff! *rummages inside the basement* Bye!

1 comment:

meily said...

nicely narrated... me like. hehe. and awh, i still have to comment on the other post. :D